[IRCA] Last NIght's Conditions / 540 AMi

[IRCA] Last NIght's Conditions / 540 AMi

Didn't do too much DXing last night - only about 15 minutes in fact.
At about 2045 PT the band was absolutely d-e-a-d to the
north/northeast. Usually at my QTH the band is absolutely dominated
by Canadians; even Calgary powerhouses on 660/770/960/1010 were not
present or could be easily nulled (1010 and 960 are both usually hard
to null at night at my location).

Checked on 540 CBK and it was there, but only weakly. In other
directions prop was decent - WOAI 1200 was in very strongly, for
example. Like at Patrick's, CBK is listenable at my QTH for much of
the day as well as night, so their poor signal was very unusual.

Came back at 2315 to check on the CBK downtime. 540 was extremely
quiet. KVIP Redding CA (about 300 miles S of me) was pumping their 14
watts up my direction with "Music Thru the Night" and XESURF was
there as well, but neither was strong. As Steve Ratzlaff mentioned,
the band was very noisy last night out here. I did note that the
Canadians were back strong at 2315; CBW Winnipeg was actually the
strongest I've heard it in awhile.

Dave Williams
Redmond, OR