Re: [IRCA] Wobbler in NE Oregon (again)

Bob,

When you say that the Wobbler fades, how do you mean that.  It normally
varies in intensity as a matter of its nature, coming and going as well as
the amplitude of the fluctuations varies.  This behavior is unrelated to
the strength of the broadcast signal.

I have 1100//1120 but 1080 is covered by a local.  1100 & 1120 are about
equal at listenable levels tonight -- 1100 may actually be stronger in
general -- different from previously where 1100 was very weak at night and
imperceptible during the day.  The improvement in 1100 is possibly because
of whatever was done while it was off yesterday.

1100 does fade in and out some, but not severely.  As has been seen with
Wobblers in general, they can be heard when program audio can not, so just
because the audio has faded would not necessarily mean the Wobbler should
have.  During the day all I can hear on 1100 is the Wobbler.

Tonight, especially since you mentioned this, I've been listening in
various modes trying to detect fading of the Wobbler.  The broadcast signal
does fade some, but I've not been able to detect any fading in the Wobbler,
as I understand your meaning.  When it's there it's there, even though the
fluctuations may be slight and causing only a low rumble.  I may be too
close to detect an overall fade in the Wobbler.

But I may be misunderstanding your point entirely.  I'll keep listening
with this notion in mind.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan