Re: [IRCA] Wobbler searching

Dennis,

Glad to do my part.  Don't give up, the Wobbler certainly hasn't.

Oregon didn't start getting wobbled until later last night, so it's still
possible it will come your way yet tonight.  Even here next to it, I can
tell the signal is fading in and out, though some degree of Wobbler is
always there, just at times it is overwhelming.

For checking daily on Wobblers I use USB and tune down 700Hz.  The tone can
be a bit annoying but this raises the full range of Wobbler excursions into
the audible range, and makes it easier to detect weak ones.  This wasn't
necessary or even helpful for the guys in Oregon last night, but it is
another way to bring out a weak signal.  It's like using the BFO to catch a
weak carrier, the only difference is, this one is flopping back and forth.

Curt