Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: The "mystery" of 1710khz

At 08:22 AM 1/21/2006 -0800, saulamdx wrote:
>Many of us (myself included) have heard at least two
>full time stations on 1710. Radio Mossiach in NYC
>area, and Radio Top Inter in Hyde Park / Boston. The
>automakers obviously want the public to hear those
>stations, and anything else that might be on the
>channel. Bill Harms detexcted about six carriers on
>the channel. Isn't it our duty as DXers to log 'em?
>I'm curious about what the other four (ormore,
>perhaps) are - maybe we should all sit on 1710 for a
>while.

Saul,

         I've tentatively logged Lubavitcher-1710
here in Jacksonville on several occasions, along
with another station (very infrequently) hetting
about 100 Hz high. It would be interesting to see
a concerted effort of logging/reporting stations around 1710, even if UNID.

         Mike

Mike Hardester
Jacksonville, NC. (34.47 N ? 77.23 W +/- a couple of nanoseconds)
ICOM R-70 - 2 x 75 foot (23 meter) random wires
Orientation: E/W and N/S
Quantum Phaser and Patience