[IRCA] XESS-620 and XESDD-1030 switch formats

[IRCA] XESS-620 and XESDD-1030 switch formats

The knucklehead is at it again.

ESPN Deportes spanish sports-talk format moves from XESDD-1030 to XESS-620.
"La Tremenda" banda format moves from XESS-620 to XESDD-1030.
I heard an XESDD ID on 1030 today so the calls did not swap places.

This is kind of a strange move in terms of signal quality.  The noisy
banda format on 620 could hold its own against the IBOC slop of
KOGO-600.  The sports talk format is getting beat up by the IBOC hash.
 On 1030, the slop from the banda music will pose more of a problem
for co-managed KURS-1040 than the sports talk did.

I see from Martin Foltz' Ensenada loggings that the old XESS (i.e.,
the real XESS) is still on the air in Ensenada on 1450 kHz.  I
suspected as much, but it doesn't get out well so I wasn't sure.  So
both of these stations are leading double lives... the real XESDD is
on 920 in Ensenada.  The 1030 and 620 mutations of XESDD and XESS
would more correctly be called Tijuana market stations.  At no time
have the Ensenada stations been parallel to their Tijuana namesakes.

I wish I had the sign concession for this knucklehead's studio
building.  He seems to spend a fortune re-signing the place every few
months as he juggles his formats around.

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA