[IRCA] DX TIPS for WDXR

DX Tests

t770     WVNN     AL, Athens,  heard sweep tones repeated at
0059.10-0959.20 EST 1/21, mixing with KTTH/CHQR/KKOB. Other sound
effects from an "operator", but uncertain what that was. (PM-OR)

1680   KAVT     CA, Fresno, good with normal Radio Disney programming at
0300 EST 1/21, a sudden boost in signal, dominant over KFSH most of the
evening. (PM-OR)

Other DX

780    KNOM     AK, Nome, good with old rock at 0240 EST 1/21, with KKOH
phased. A community anmt for Nome.
0400 "KNOM Nome Alaska". (PM-OR)

850    KICY      AK, Nome, heard this rare one, with the South phased,
KICY totally dominant a lot of the time at 0528 EST 1/21 with Classical
sounding Rel mx, followed my Billy Graham anmt, tagged by  "and KICY".
Back into rel. mx. The first time I have heard them in probably 15
years. Some old rock station behind KICY, which I could not ID. (PM-OR)

1150    CKFR     BC, Kelowna, "local-like" At S9+20 DB with old rock
"The Bullet", Rod Stewart song at 0434 EST 1/21. Common, but rarely this
strong. CX good to the North. (PM-OR)

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.