Re: [IRCA] Sync Detection Question

I've always found the 2.3 kHz filter to be quite usable by carefully tuning
away from the carrier to place the carrier at the very edge of the filter
passband

Doing that generally lets me get about 2500 Hz worth of audio which places
it bery near to telephone network quality.

Something else to think about is the difference between audio
intelligibility and audio quality. It turns out that for most types of
sounds made by our vocal tracts (with the exception of so-called fricatives
and sibilants like "s" and "f"), the intelligibility is almost all conveyed
in frequencies below 2.3 kHz even though it may not sound so good.

Chuck