From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:41 PM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Huge Tree Limb came down.

Hi everyone,

I was talking on the phone this evening and during our heavy rain and 65
MPH gusty wind, I heard a crash that shook the whole house. Well, I
found a huge tree branch broke off the tree in the backyard and hit the
side of the house. It must be 14 inches through the center and 30 feet
long.  Fortunately, it was only the top branches that hit the roof. It
wiped out the gutter, but it doesn't look like it hurt the roof. I will
check closer tomorrow. It did take out my big satellite dish (8.5
footer). The three arms that holds the freehorn in place are history.
The dish looks ok itself, so I think I may beable to repair it myself. I
can't see too much tonight. Thank goodness the wind died down though. I
am still pretty shook and it was scary. I will call my home owners
insurance tomorrow. It doesn't look like a lot of damage was done as far
as I can tell. Funny, I thought the WNW EWE would have come down as one
leg of the antenna goes to the tree, but the branch missed that. The
winds aren't all that high compared to what we have had some years. The
problem is the 27 inches of rain we have gotten in the last month. I am
sure the water is saturated the bark and the limbs on the trees, so
anything a bit weak comes down. I have never even lost a branch here in
the 25 years I have lived out here, and now two big branches down. The
first one is in the middle of the yard between me and my neighbor, so it
did not hit anything. But what a night. Thank the Lord, it did not do a
lot more damage.

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.