Re: [IRCA] EWE element height

Dennis,

I can answer that using a EWE since 1981. My SW EWE is 25X100X25 and it
is better than my old 18X100X18 it used to be 25 years ago. The trees
grew. hi. The longer and higher, the gain does increase. But as a radio
station towers are 200' feet tall or more, the gain would increase
likewise. Unfortunately it is too hard to get equal height on two trees
here over 25 feet. I would like to try a EWE that is 100X100X100. That
would be fun and I am sure a lot of gain!  I also tried a 10X10X10 and I
was not impressed.
One thing that is important with a EWE is a good ground. Right now my
series of ground rods are totally cover in water. Next door there is a
lake of close to 500X300 feet. I think the center must be 3 feet deep
now. Astoria has had over 25 inches of rain in the last 6 weeks! Another
3 inches is forecast for tomorrow into Tuesday.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.