Re: [IRCA] TA 162

At 05:40 13/01/2006, Patick wrote:
>Any thoughts why the 45' vertical works better for TA's on LW than any
>other of my antennas?

The signal strength drops off on the Beverages as you go lower in frequency
(they become less Beverage-like, and more like a chunk of wire close to the
ground), as I believe it does for the EWE, which would be nulling Europe
anyway in your case, wouldn't it?

A broadband untuned loop might give you pretty good strength down
there.  My ALA100 puts out a better signal on LW than my 40' sloper does,
and Walt  heard 162 only on his ALA100.

best wishes,

Nick

(how is the EWE on the Russian LW stations?)