[IRCA] Audio on 1314 last night

TA carriers were all up & down the band last night, starting at 531 and going up, though signals seemed to be strongest above 1000 kHz.  Got a bit of audio from presumed Norway on 1314 for the first time in ages around 0415 UTC last night (10:15pm CST), with female pop vocal and then apparent talk by man, followed by a male pop vocal of some kind.  This was the only frequency producing audio, and the only carrier that would keep the Sony 7600GR’s sync detector locked for any length of time.  I QSLed NRK-1314 back in the mid-1990s, but I’ve rarely if ever had readable audio from it since then.  I had tried earlier in the evening on the “big radio” upstairs (FRG-100 & Quantum QX Pro), but it wasn’t strong enough to produce audio yet.

Randy Stewart

Springfield MO