Re: [IRCA] WBCA-1110 Cheating

Kaz's point is valid. My concern is that DX'ers are in the habit of
using the term "cheating" as a generic adjective to describe any
station running on day power after their authorized hours.

Frankly, I don't see how either situation is a bad one for
DX'ers. A malfunction or deliberate "cheating" results in the
chance for us to log a station that wouldn't be receivable
otherwise.

Obviously if a station does it every night for months and months,
the argument could be made that they are preventing the
reception of weaker stations...but I maintain that prolonged
operation outside allowable power levels is the concern
of the other stations on that frequency who might be
receiving interference....not the concern of hobbyists.

As someone who deals with broadcasters nearly every day
trying to arrange tests, I'd rather we err on the side of
presuming innocence, rather than guilt. Least we end up
biting the hand that feeds us....

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867