Re: [IRCA] Another IBOC?

> IBAC easily logged up here in S. NH
> WILD is S-6    WTIC still listenable BUT not pleasant.
> 1100  is S-4 IBAC hiss no sign of WHLI
> Zero QRM or QRN today
> WILD is abt 50-60 miles & by no means an RF powerhouse...
> On 40M dipole & FT1000 D

I put the JVC back in the truck, and the "HD" icon does show up when tuned
to 1090.  I can't get it to decode, as it's too far away.  Even WBZ is
intermittent in digital mode.  That will decode maybe half the time, if I'm
lucky.

One note, the audio on WBZ is now synchronized between analog and digital.
The digital audio was about 8 seconds behind for quite a while.

The WPRO audio decodes, but even six or seven miles from their transmitter
it still drops out now and then.  I wouldn't expect that from a 5kw
non-directional ststion on the low end of the dial.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI