Re: [IRCA] 1640- UNID Spanish heard

--- saulamdx <saulamdx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Isn't there a SS in the Dominican Republic on 1640?
> Thought I saw that reported last year.

Here's Bill Harms' logging from NRC's IDXD:

1640	72-20	DOMINICAN REPUBLIC   R.Juventus Don Bosco, Santo Domingo
FEB 4 0304 - Sounding of trumpets, ID by male announcer as "Radio
Juventus Don Bosco... 1640 kHz... una voz para la civilización del
amor."  This was followed by music.  Also heard preaching at other
times.  The signal was fair to good mixing with WTNI and with WKSH
nulled.  Thanks to Alf Aardal in Norway who first heard this one and
informed the gang in #mwdx. [Harms-MD]

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]