Re: [IRCA] KNTS 1220 Palo Alto CA CP

Bruce Portzer wrote:

> There are already several freqs with stations in the bay area and
> the LA
> area (1430 610 1260 etc), so 1220 isn't that much of a stretch.

I think what Patrick is asking has to do with what seems to be a
relaxation of the rules leading up to the granting of power increases
on what were former daytime-only (Mexican/Canadian clears)
frequencies. KTCT is going for 50kw at night on 1050; same with KNTS.
Something has changed at the FCC; otherwise, Jim Gabbert would have
originally applied for 50kw fulltime rather than 50/10. The KNTS
pattern is going to be interesting. The towers can't be too far east
because of KWG on 1230. Whatever they do it won't be helpful to Pat
or me.

Equally interesting are the 50kw grants all over the country. I like
the ones in ME, NH & VT.  Some are on former clears but many are on
regionals. True, they are for 50kw days and lesser power at night but
I'm OK with SR & SS DX. For a medium which is supposedly dying, this
is mystifying.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop