Re: [IRCA] BOG question

The John Bryant article on "over the shoulder" can be found at:

<http://www.dxing.info/equipment/over_your_shoulder_bryant.dx>

He does not test BOGs in his article, though.

As a probably unrelated note, when I lived at the rural place in Oregon I had a 1600' E/W unterminated longwire that received "over the shoulder" in the west direction. That was the only implementation I could construct. My main interest was Pacific LF NDBs (from the west), thus everything was "over the shoulder". I routinely received faint Pacific NDBs with that setup and it was the very best Pacific LF antenna I've ever had the pleasure of using. Of course I had nothing I could compare with a regular west-pointed antenna of comparable length so I'll never know how much better such an antenna might have been.

73,

Steve AA7U