Re: [IRCA] BOG question

--- Begin Message ---
I find it interesting that a very similar BOG / receiving antenna discussion is also going on with the Topband reflector.

There's a fair amount of belief that terminated loops in a phased array or just a single double loop style (DHDL, DKAZ, Bowtie, Waller Flag) can deliver as good or better RDF (directivity figure of merit) as a single BOG / Beverage on an equivalent size piece of land. Staggered phased Beverages are likely another matter.

Neil Kazaross in IL makes use of both terminated loops and BOG's and I believe Tim Tromp in MI does too. Perhaps Mark Durenberger and Walter Salmaniw as well.

Comments from those guys and others could be valuable.

I believe both types of antennas are presently in use by the PEI DXpedition..

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

--- End Message ---