[IRCA] Yikes... Another Barnburner (Pt. 2)

     Colin's "Part One" TP-DX report from this morning is probably the most detailed Asian report that I've ever seen apart from an ocean beach DXpedition (although Walt's initial October 25th report came close). Nick's extremely thorough daily TP reports are also awesome, as are Nigel's. If I lived north of the border I would feel expected to write an extremely thorough report of today's wild propagation like these dedicated gentlemen-- but since I don't, I won't! :-)

     The mission here is all about having fun... tweaking ridiculously small ferrite antennas into tiny TP-DXing firecrackers-- and as Captain Kirk would say, the mission is going into warp drive! A wave of powerful Chinese signals thundered into this lackluster valley from 1355-1445 this morning, with S9 performers on 603, 639, 837 (briefly), 963, 1017 and 1044. Decent Chinese audio also showed up on 657, 756, 936, 981 and 1035-- all on a 5 inch 'Frequent Flyer" FSL (which managed to fly to Cloud Nine this morning). A tiny hand-held antenna really isn't supposed to provide these kind of breakthrough TP-DXing results-- how can this hobby possibly get any more exciting?

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)