[IRCA] TA's, Victoria BC, 19 October

The best TA opening of the season saw a prior appointment on my calendar, and said, "tonight's the night".

Fortunately, the SDR and the DX Fishbarrel did some heavy lifting while I was out, plus, things hadn't quite died when I returned around 0450UT.

855 was the winner with readable Spanish by two women 0532UT, http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/4all/855_20181019_053348b.wav RNE, delayed about 45 seconds on their webstream. This seemed to have better modulation than the various tentative UK stations, which didn't deliver much for quite strong carriers.

1089 possibly Talksport, 0153UT, man with a few words recognizable as English English, but also noted with similar talk at 0532, 0555 and 0636-7UT also, though at time, "near imaginary" in the splash

1215 wispy bits of rock music 0507UT, and at 0637UT, man talking, possibly English.

1386 possibly Baltic Waves, with man talking to another man in possible Russian 0304UT, poor readability; unfortunately, wasn't around to chase parallel streams etc.

1458 rock music 0610UT, didn't sound as Indian as R. Lyca's stream, once I had found it, but Lyca were playing upbeat numbers also. One to watch.

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC