[IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Re: [WOR] Permanent damage in Panama City

I think this is via MW Circle....Mike Terry at any rate..

16 stations in the path of Hurricane Michael were still dark on Sunday..

That?s 13 FMs, down from 14 on Saturday. The silent list includes nine full-power FMs, two Low Power FMs and two translators. (Another two FM stations are ?reported down? by the FCC, with ?programming sent to another station.?) On the AM band, 3 stations are dark. Those are iHeart?s WDIZ Panama City, Florida/590 and Albany, Georgia sister WJYZ/960, and Radiojones-owned WXRS Swainsboro, GA/1590. The damage to some cell sites continues to linger, in some heavily-impacted counties of Florida and Georgia. In Florida, 69% of cell-sites in Gulf County are out, as are 66% in Bay County, 44% in Washington and Liberty Counties, and 24% in Jackson County. Alabama?s fine and most of Georgia has recovered, though 50% of cell sites are silent in Early County, Georgia. See Sunday?s FCC list of AM/FM stations and cell sites here. A total of 110 counties are still being asked to be part of D.I.R.S., the Commission?s Disaster Information Reporting System. Two stations have filed for Special Temporary Authority to remain silent, one of them in Panama City. That?s WFFL/91.7, whose owner Family Worship Center Church says it can?t even reach the station ?to evaluate the level of damage to both the station and grounds.? 150 miles east, the same owner files a similar request for STA for its WGSG Mayo, Florida at 89.5.