Re: [IRCA] Morning TP Methodology?

--- Begin Message ---
I could do a big write-up on East Coast TA & Latin America methodology. Some of the points on live versus "Memorex" would be similar though local sunset rather than sunrise is game time.
Instead of doing that, an activity that would require a good amount of time to do right, I would like to comment on what Walt said below:
<<I'm thinking that my wav files are a "spotlight"into history now, as they date back over 10 years, and include manysignificant dates which are picked up by the various newscasts I recorded.Walt Salmaniw, Victoria BC>>
This is absolutely true. My own Perseus captures date back to 2009, my SDR-IQ ones 2007, and I have ones from other DXers in various formats going back at least that far.
Interestingly I also have "Perseus captures" from 1986 and 1991. These were captures originally done via the Craig Healy VCR tape method and then "dubbed" into the Perseus a few years ago.
Beyond news and entertainment content, any captures 8 or more years old made on this side of the US are likely to contain DX stations which no longer exist. In another post I mentioned how northern Europe has been cleaned out in recent years. But I can bring up an old capture file and once again enjoy the awesome signal of a Norway 1314 for example. The same applies to domestics with the entire province of PEI now dark. Fire up the old wayback machine and I can once again enjoy CHTN on 720, a former PEI boomer.
So don't trash those old files just as you shouldn't let your aircheck mp3's, cassettes, and reel-to-reels hit the dustbin of oblivion.
It's all radio history worth preserving.
Mark Connelly, WA1IONSouth Yarmouth, MA

--- End Message ---