Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:24 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America ; kenb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Morning TP Methodology?

Excellent question!

100% LIVE using my *senses* AND the *Nick Hall-Patch ONLINE radar system*
that gives moment by moment
snapshots of signal strength on ALL of the Splits.

If I was retired I would consider spectrum capture - but I have NO TIME for
evening fiddling with 8 hour old spectrum grabs -
It is not snobbiness on my part -- it is just the desire to be in the
moment with the radio conditions.

My average session is 1/2 hour to 1 hour PRIOR to local SUNRISE for around
30-40 minutes average.

Methodology: I start at 531khz and start cruising UP The dial in fully
manual mode.
I have my R8's memories loaded to ALL the channels - but I prefer to roll
manually khz by khz... call me crazy!

I will often SHUT DOWN early even if the band is still hopping - first sign
of the Sun starting to do its thing: I am out. :-)

KEN: *We ARE early risers - unless there is some TA activity between 0200
and 0700 UTC in the wintertime,*
*We TP Dxers are UP and at it. *