Re: [IRCA] Loop antenna question

Whoa - never seen these before -- way more complex than the Wellbrook
products --
which may or may not result in better performance - but one does not know
until one tries.

Dozens and dozens of surface mount components on these boards -
I imagine the boards are pre-populated - there are only a few
of us that have the gear for doing surface mount (I have a HAKKO rework
station...)

Good value by the looks of it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM Guy Atkins <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>
> I'd recommend you check out LZ1AQ's web site at https://active-antenna.eu/
> .
> This individual has offered extensive kits and documentation for magnetic
> loop antennas which a lot of hobbyists have built. The pricing looks very
> reasonable and the quality is high. Some of the varieties are very
> directional; there is a lot of information on this site if you dig deep
> enough.
>
> I've been wanting to build one of these sometime to compare against my
> Wellbrooks.
>
> A few reviews of the basic amp module are here:
> https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12530   and here:
> https://www.eham.net/reviews/review/146210
>
> 73,
>
> Guy Atkins
> Puyallup, WA
>
> --
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -
VA7WWV | Twitter @CoffeeCrew | Victoria - Canada