Re: [IRCA] [nrc-am] Fwd: [CapeDX] Menauhant Beach DX on 8/26-27/2018

--- Begin Message ---
<<
I will be out on the beach right after early November when I get some free time and I'm going to try and top this.

Rick S., Rodanthe NC OBX FM25go

Sounds good Rick.  On the IRCA list, West Coast DX gets the lion's share of attention.  If some of here in the east get busy, we can help to shift the "balance of power."  Certainly Roy's Cape Cod beach DXpeditions have been the highlight this summer.  With Bruce Conti likely to make an autumn visit to PEI, Bill Whitacre hitting coastal Maine, your likely efforts, and the usual home and beach mini-DXpedition activities around Cape Cod / metro-Boston, things could get interesting.  Maybe Cappahayden, Newfoundland gets activated; in any event Allen Willie up there in NL and Sylvain Naud in eastern QC may be reporting.

Those plagued by poor location, excessive noise, etc. could still jump on web-based SDR's in FL, Bonaire, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Europe, etc. to provide useful information to those of us actually DXing on our own receivers.

Rick, have you talked with Brett Saylor who occasionally visits Duck, NC, not too far from you on the Outer Banks?  He sent me a couple of Perseus files which turned out to be DX not too different from what we get in New England, at least in terms of Latin American / Caribbean stations.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

--- End Message ---