[IRCA] A new list...

...is probably the last thing we all need right now. But there seems to be
a sense that the existing DX lists aren't really the right place to be
having some of the discussions that are going on there. Lynn has made it
clear that the IRCA list is meant to be, as the name clearly states, "hard
core DX." The same is generally true, if I'm not mistaken, for ABDX and the
NRC AM list.

With that in mind, here's "Radio Today and Tomorrow," an attempt to create
a discussion group that's NOT a DX group, strictly speaking, but rather a
"relief valve," if you will, for some of the other discussions that have
been dominating the DX lists. Topics that are strictly DX-related will be
redirected to the existing DX lists, for which this is NOT intended to be
any sort of competition. It's my hope that the moderators of the existing
DX lists will feel comfortable redirecting non-DX topics to "Radio Today,"
as well.

Here's the description, subject to considerable evolution over time:

--

The world of radio is changing rapidly. "Radio Today and Tomorrow" is a
place where DXers and radio professionals can come together to talk about

Membership is open to anyone who's interested. Personal attacks are not
allowed, and anyone making them will be asked to leave. Please be
thoughtful when you post. Kneejerk "I hate IBOC"-type posts are unwelcome
here; reasoned arguments are most welcome.

This is not a DX list, per se - there are plenty of those out there for
your enjoyment - though this list certainly will entertain topics that are
related to DX in a broad sense.

This is not an engineering list, per se - there are plenty of those, as
well - though this list will certainly touch on engineering topics,
sometimes in great detail.

The Moderator(s) will attempt to exercise the lightest touch possible at
all times; the decisions of the Moderator(s) are nonetheless final. Don't
like it? Start your own list. (We did.)

It's radio. It's not brain surgery. Have fun!

--

I'm hosting it, for the moment, at yahoogroups. That's subject to change if
a better offer comes along :-)

Interested in joining?

Sign up here: radiotoday-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interested in helping to run the thing? Contact me offlist.

Not interested? No problem, and no pressure.