Re: [IRCA] Cuban MW stations

 Willis:

> When I say the Cubans use call letters on the small outlets, it's because
> heard it on dozens of Cubans that I have logged. Want some recordings?
>

> Chuck

Chuck-
Let me see if I can clarify my statement. I personally wouldn't believe
anything from out of Cuba. I know that Fidel will say anything on any
frequency. What I mean is that because he may have used a call, doesn't mean
that is where it is located or that the call is really to the station, on
the frequency you are hearing it on. I personally don't go by any call that
Fidel may put out. Here, in southeastern Tennessee, Cuba is a pest up and
down the AM BCB band even in the daytime.

I have heard rumors from over the years, that Fidel has a big antenna farm
south of Havana, and everything we hear up here in the U.S. comes from
there, even the small wattage stations. That's my take on the topic. Since I
have only been to Cuba one time in my life and that was for only 3 months, I
can't give any better answer. That idea came from reading Wayne Green of 73
magazine back in the 70's.

Sure, I wouldn't mind hearing a recording. I use to record ID's and
programs, etc. Gave that up when the first wife left me 30 years ago. She
dumped all my recording into the trash.  I don't doubt for a minute that you
have heard call letters from Fidel.

Patrick-

> Thanks Willis. I have only heard the bigger stations, so I did not know.

Forgive me if I am steering anyone wrong. I just remember what I heard of
rumors, etc., back in the 70's and 80's. I believe it still holds true
today. BUT, I could be wrong, you never know what communist will do next!

Willis, WB5KHD
Old Fort, TN