Re: [IRCA] 630-Cook Islands Sign On Routine (1555 UTC)

In re-reading my WRTH article from 1981 Iâm reminded that the XCR-30 also went to Europe a few times.  Pretty sure I travelled without the dozen or so D-cells it craved.  Evereadys didnât catch on fire like LiOn cells but they were just as heavy.  ;-)

Not so long before I joined VOA, in 1982, story goes that monitors lugged 51Jâs along on reception surveys.  Can you imagine?

Thank goodness for the Sony 2001 and later 2010!