[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 23 March 2018

Since I'm heading out of town this afternoon I'll have to be on the ball and get a report on this morning's action out right away. It was once more a DU morning, but this time the low band was weaker, and the upper band (and especially the X-band) was favoured. In fact it was the best X-band opening since the fall.

576 2RN Sydney, AUSTRALIA Woman talking at 1315, but not close to yesterday's strength.

612	4QR	Brisbane, AUSTRALIA	Talk by a woman at 1314

756	RNZ National	Auckland, NEW ZEALAND	EZL vocal by a man at 1312.

792	4RN   Brisbane, AUSTRALIA   Interview by a man at 1241.

1116 4BC Brisbane, AUSTRALIA Talk show host talking with owner of Japanese restaurant at 1235.

1548	4QD	Emerald, AUSTRALIA	Traces of talk at 1319

1566	unID	Talk in English about a sports event at 1252.   Likely 3NE.

1611 Vision synchros, AUSTRALIA Traces of music at 1238 characteristic of Vision. Better by 1300 and confirmed // with Aussie SDR.

1656 Voice of the Australian Chinese Brisbane, AUSTRALIA Talk by woman in Chinese at 1306.

1665	unID	Very faint traces of talk at 1307

1683.28	  1683 AM Radio	           Sydney, AUSTRALIA
	Music, then into talk in Greek at 1309

1701.03	Islamic Voice	Melbourne, AUSTRALIA	Koran recitations at 1239

Strong carrier also on 1512 which never quite made audio. I've also discovered the past few days that I can hear carriers on 621 now, as apparently 610 KOJM (my nearest station) has shut off their IBOC. Hoping it's permanently!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
Perseus SDR and Wellbrook Phased Array