[IRCA] Grayland DXpedition - Feb. 18-24, 2018

I made my 17th visit to Grayland, WA between February 18 - 24, 2018.  Since the
Grayland Motel closed a year ago I have had to find an alternative location for
DXpeditioning.  Such a place exists, albiet a bit more expensive and with a bit
less land to work with, just a couple of lots down the beach called Casa Sea
Esta - a HomeAway rental.  For nearly the entire time I used a 160' DKAZ antenna
aimed at 300 deg. true North errected 'beyond the berm' on the grassy area of
the beach.  Results so far are promising though I wish I had pointed the DKAZ a
little further south given its broad back null and equally broad front lobe.  I
was not nulling Seattle & Vancouver, BC stations near as well as Portland.

I'm just starting the wav file review process but the hightlight so far is
Cambodia on 918kHz.  There are also several Philippine stations in the wav
files, including a new one for me on 1611kHz.  Lots of Japanese and Alaskans
round things out.

You can see and hear what I have reviewed so far at the following webpage:

http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_grayland17.php

Bill Whitacre Alexandria, VA