Re: [IRCA] Another Chinese Wave at 1320

Hi Nick,

<<< Just checked my recording, and similar levels on 639 at 1452 and
1456UT, using a Flag antenna mind you with a beefy SDR. But then I
tell myself this is a poorer place for Asian reception. >>>

The ten year record of Victoria results compared to Puyallup results would probably be easier to analyze if we were using somewhat similar receivers and antennas, but don't you agree that the mystery of propagation is one of the hobby's most intriguing charms? When you throw in a new variable like ocean cliff propagation, even our Japanese friends seem fascinated by the new challenge (and rush to try out a local version).

<<< I suspect tomorrow may not be quite so good, so enjoy what we recorded. >>>

Very prophetic, Nick. It's deader than a doornail now at 1230-- not even a carrier from 972. Those who have the option should get a little extra sleep!

Gary