Re: [IRCA] WWNN breaking the rules.

--- BARRY DAVIES <barry.davies25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Very interesting. So if US stations go IBOC 24/;7 the possibility of
> TA DX is not lost after all hi! Thank you for the feed back which I
> will pass on to the MWC UK list.
> Barry

*** That conclusion might be a bit premature. It should be noted that
there is a great diversity in the distances at which the hiss of the
IBOC signal on the adjacents as heard on an analog receiver can be
noted. Several cases of hiss several hundred miles away at night were
noted from various stations which have tested or left the IBOC on
overnight given 50 kw signals. Still other cases find the distance
negligible. This is heavily dependent on equipment, proper tuning,
directional array and half a dozen other factors I'm sure other could
add.

I am located about 7-10 miles from most of the local AM IBOC stations,
and those with weaker analog signals here naturally also provide the
least hiss on the adjacents.

I'd suggest that a prior statement ( Curt's ? ) that no one really
knows what will happen with long-distance skywave propagation of IBOC
signals ( or hiss for that matter ) still applies...

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID