Re: [IRCA] IRCA CONVENTION BALLOT

> Conventions are perfect for me.  I like to travel and I like to meet up
with
> fellow DX'ers.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  Thanks gentlemen for
> putting up bids for the convention, I appreciate it very much!
> 73- Doug

A personal thought only--
Yes, Thanks to all who have put a bit to host the convention. It is a lot of
work and a large responsibility.

I am glad for you Doug, and all those who enjoy traveling. I no longer care
to go, been around the world long ways 3 times, been to all the states many
times. For those who enjoy such get togethers, that great, go and have fun
and enjoy.

I, as I am sure of others on this list, just don't have the money to go
tripping around the country. My Social Security check isn't quit large
enough to have all the fun I want. Not only is it the money, which is a
small part of the problem, it's the hassel of going anywhere these days. I
can remember just going out, jump in the car and see the country. Can't do
that anymore.
I have just gotten to old for such stuff.

But, I remember 17cent a gallon gas.

BUT, no matter where the convention site is placed, I hope and wish all who
attends a great time and lots of great DX.

Maybe in 2007 I will have to place a bid in as the host so I can attend
without going anywhere. :)

73's

Willis