[IRCA] Michigan DU's with New Zealand logged, Aug 31

Local sunrise: 1109 UTC
Receiver: Perseus SDR
Antenna: southwest phased BOGs

612 with trace audio around 1112 UTC, maybe parallel to 702 but too weak
for confirmation, likely 4QR Brisbane.  There's generally a 2.5 kHz wide
"quiet zone" centered on 612 which is splash-free.  This can let some
narrow audio through when conditions allow.

639 unid, moderate DU carrier after sunrise at 1118 UTC, no audio.  A
closer look on the Perseus reveals two equal carriers, one at nominal and
one under at 638.998

693 unid, strong DU carrier again this morning for several minutes between
1100-1120 UTC.  Despite being a relatively quiet frequency (little domestic
interference), no audio was heard.

702 Magic, Auckland, NZ, confirmed just minutes after 1100 UTC TOH while
mixing equally with 2BL Sydney who had fast paced sports play-by-play with
mention of the "Broncos".  A unique sound effect popped out of the noise at
1103 which turns out to be Magic's transition from news into weather.  This
was confirmed against their live webstream, which I also recorded via
Audacity for later comparison.  New Zealand is officially in the logbook
now and a new Medium Wave country. 8,303 miles.

1098 again this morning with weak music beginning at 1106 UTC and continues
for several minutes.  Careful listening and I can tell it's Bryan Adams
"(Everything I Do) I Do It For You".  Not exactly "island music", but at
least something identifiable now!  Song ends at 1110 UTC and goes into
announcer but too weak for speech.  New song begins at 1111 UTC.
Clip posted to YT here: https://youtu.be/Az6B1rrhWlE

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan