Re: [IRCA] Kauai TP DX Report for 4/23/17

--- Begin Message ---
Thanks Gary,

I am happy with my Kauai TP DXing results so far! I also look forward to TP DXing at my next island stop on the Big Island. I have no problem recommending Kauai!

Thanks again for the assistance!

Aloha,

Craig

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:03 PM, d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Thanks for the excellent, detailed TP-DX report from Kauai, Craig. It's obvious that you have a much better DXing location (and propagation) than any of us on the west coast. Congratulations also on mastering the 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL antenna operation.
>
> It's no problem to review your TP-DXing videos and make language assessments (although I don't claim to be any expert). My only problem is resisting the temptation to rush down to the airport and book an immediate flight to Kauai.
>
> Happy Hunting!
>
> Gary DeBock (stuck in Puyallup, WA)

> Conditions appeared to be improved over a couple of days ago. Yesterday morning's session started indoors due to inclement weather which fortunately moved on. Once again Gary DeBock's Frequent Flyer FSL excelled! I listened from 1615 to 1740. Many thanks also to Gary DeBock for his linguistic review of many reception videos!!
>
> 549 CNR5 male speaking in Chinese
>
> 594 JOAK 2 males speaking in Japanese, then to female in Japanese
>
> 603 HLSA with female singing, then female speaking in Korean
>
> 621 poss. Pyongyang weak with male speaking
>
> 657 Pyongyang with group singing
>
> 765 CNR5 male in Chinese
>
> 783 Voice of the Strait with male speaking in Chinese, armchair signal
>
> 918 Shandong with male in Chinese
>
> 936 Anhui with male and female in Chinese
>
> 945 poss. CNR1 weak with male in Chinese
>
> 972 HLCA good on peaks with male in Korean
>
> 981 poss. CNR1 weak with instrumental mx
>
> 1008 CNR1 with male and female in Chinese
>
> 1089 CNR6, site not known, with 2 males in Chinese
>
> 1170 HLSR with male and female in Korean
>
> 1188 poss CNR or HLKX male speaking, rapid flutter fading
>
> 1566 HLAZ with male speaking, weaker signal
>
> 1575 ?? Male speaking with audio at threshold
>
> 1593 CNR1 with male speaking in Chinese during musical interludes
>
> Thanks to all whose tips and insights have contributed to a couple of productive TP DX sessions so far. More to come!
>
> Best of DX
>
> Craig Barnes
> DXing from Princeville, Kauai
>
> Tecsun PL-310
> The renowned DeBock "Frequent Flyer" 5 in. FSL
>
> Sent from my iPhone

--- End Message ---