 Subject: [IRCA] Kona, Hawaii Ultralight TP's for 4-9-- Sunrise Session
 To: "America, Mailing" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Monday, April 10, 2017, 3:32 AM

 The Ultralights and compact FSL were set up
 for "big game" at sunrise this morning here in Kona, with a
 sunrise peak seeming to kick in around 1545. Priority
 frequencies were 531, 693 and 1566, and all three seemed to
 deliver something of interest on a 5 inch "Frequent Flyer"
 FSL right next to the salt water here in Kona.

 531 had an LR network program
 apparently with the same content and announcer as 630-4QN,
 presumably from 6DL (although the two stations didn't seem
 to be exactly in parallel, maybe because of a programming
 delay due to a time zone difference). 693 had an unfamiliar
 station around 1602 after the sign off of NHK2, which didn't
 sound like English speech to me (657 was checked for NZ
 propagation, but it only delivered Pyongyang at a blistering
 level). Finally, 1566 had a mix of a Christian music station
 (apparently HLAZ) and an unknown foreign language station
 with a male-female news format at 1604. These three
 frequencies will again receive serious attention starting at
 1545 in a few hours.

 531 6DL? Same apparent program and
 announcer as 630-4QN below, but didn't seem exactly parallel

 https://app.box.com/s/687gka04sy6l3qkx6oci9jvi599j6iip

 630 4QN Townsville, Australia LR
 network program at a good level at 1544; used for comparison
 with the above
 https://app.box.com/s/dzu6vffidlrkjjquixekfyufimebqddy

 657 Pyongyang BS Pyongyang, N. Korea
 Bizarre music at blowtorch strength at 1555
 https://app.box.com/s/ha5gbqxopp780xfm8u7as0f952o5k7yu

 693 UnID-TP Male voiced speech in
 apparent foreign language alone on frequency after NHK2 sign
 off at 1604
 https://app.box.com/s/8yabwqs7llyac52tsfv4taannfuggedq

 1566 UnID-TP Male and female foreign
 language speech mixing with Christian music at 1609
 https://app.box.com/s/m66yi638bm6r1vrigiewo9680yuydvk6

 73 and Good DX,
 Gary DeBock (in Kona, Hawaii)
 7.5" CC Skywave Ultralight +
 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL antenna

 not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
 editors, publishing staff, or officers

--- End Message ---