Re: [IRCA] AM BCB DX……..8 NEW Stations Heard

On 2017-02-22, at 7:50 PM, Mark Pettifor wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I've always liked the formatting you use when posting your logs to the list. Do you copy and paste from another document or program? If so, into what do you enter your initial logs? I set up an Excel spreadsheet for now, but probably should be using something a little "fancier".

Thanks Mark….I just type the Logs that way into an email message and send them away to the various clubs. I report to many different groups and clubs, and this is just what I have been doing for many years now. I keep track of my logs by various other methods for my personal use like an EXCELL Spread Sheet, a Daily Written Log, By Frequency Log, and a Carding system as well.  Some of these methods are somewhat antiquated, but I've been using these methods for over 40 Years now, so I'm too trained to change!!

> Congrats on reaching the 2000 mark! I still have some ELAD recordings from last fall to go over as well. I'm pretty sure I'll get a bunch of stuff from down south - most of the recordings were made on the DKAZ I have pointed south.

Yes Mark…It always amazes me what I find on the SDR Recordings. It's just finding the time to review all the files………

Even when Conditions don't seem all that great, there's usually something good on every recording!!

> I'm looking at doing some renovations soon as well, so might be offline later this year, depending on when I can get something scheduled. Lucky me, I'm a single guy, so I can pretty much make the "radio room" how I want, and run the antennas into the house in whatever way seems best. I'm not sure whether to have a special "hole in the wall" for wires to come through, or do something different.

In order to do these Renos to the Basement where my shack is located I had to move a lot of Radio Gear, and have sold a lot of it too.  I'm getting to a point where I can barely lift some of this stuff now…so it was time for it to find new homes! I've collected Boatanchor Radios for many years, and had lots of fun with it!
73….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA