From: "R. Colin Newell" <coffeecanuck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2017 7:17:13 AM
Subject: [IRCA] 8 Jan Kona TP

1445 - 1500

All Korean and China from 540 through around 1053 and then the band drops off suddenly.

Pretty much audio on every channel (excluding ones with local Hawaiian signals...) - mostly CC heard and not a speck of DU. Until....

No NHK BIG guns.

Most notable KK on 558, 603, 972...
DPRK rocking 657, 819...
CC on 621
Aussies on 612 // Huge 630, 774

Feeling like Gary, standing on the lanai on
An unusually chilly morning... it must be
68(F) out there! Brrrrr...

Gotta take actual notes next session.
Starting to realize that this site
(Hale Kona Kai) is very quiet at 5 AM.
Even on the balcony there is very little QRN and the Gary modded PL380 is a rock star.

Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC