Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] RIP DX Tests (was: Re: Rackley on Synchronous AM Boosters)

I'm commenting on this late. Many DXers will try to hear a DX test but most DXers today don't collect QSLs. So hearing a DX test is still a thrill for many without the QSL. It's  just the change in the broadcasting industry, no more requirement for a Proof of Performance test.  Most station are on 24 hours now so they have to interrupt programming for a test. Frequency checks went away too. I wasn't active in the hobby when that happened but suspect another requirement was dismissed during the deregulation of radio.

I've received email veries from a couple CEs that mentioned they moved the antenna or were working on their ground systems. I mentioned the hobby would be interested if any testing was done. The CEs seem too busy with their workload. Wish it was easier to schedule DX tests.

Don't kill DX Tests but I can't see them being a big part of the hobby anymore.

Martin Foltz