Re: [IRCA] CHAT 1270

Nigel,

CHAT has been common here about any night. I am glad I got them QSL'd
years ago. Plus the CE also QSL'd the old CBC repeater for me too. That
has been gone for years. I have a lot of collector item QSLs from
Canadians with so many that have been gone from AM for sometime. But
like you, I must admit, moving to FM has helped my DX too, especially
1570 & 1220. With CKDA first moving to 1200, then finally CHEC, opened
up 1220. Then over on 1570 to CHUB and then CKTA going to FM, again
opened up 1570. I just wish XERF would have stayed on 18 KW. I wonder if
any of the main powerhouses I get like Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton will
ever move to FM? It seems the smaller markets make the move, but the
biggies in the cities stay on AM. Wouldn't it be nice to see 1060, 1010,
1130, etc move to FM? I doubt the powerhouse CBCs will as they cover
such a large area. But it is fun to dream. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR