Re: [IRCA] EWE Pictures taken

Dennis,

What I use is a 2.5K ohm pot, so I can peak the EWE and get the nulls
set perfectly. It works better than a fixed resistor. Out here the
moisture level changes so much, I have to touch up the pot every once in
a while. That is how I discovered the EWE antenna back in 1981 by
accident, by monitoring the signal out at the end of the EWE in the
field. I first touched the end to ground and the pattern changed. What I
want with the SW EWE is to kill as much signal off the backend (NE).
Like my SW EWE, I want to get rid of KCIS Edmonds WA during the day,
leaving KWRO Coquille OR on 630. Normally on the car radio KCIS is
totally dominant with KWRO behind it weakly. With the SW EWE adjusted
correctly, I kill 95% of KCIS leaving KWRO dominant. So that adjustment
it critical to make your EWE work as well as it can. I peak mine in the
middle of the day with less skip. But unfortunately the past couple of
weeks I have had plenty of skip all day. Calgary, Edmonton, you name it.
The dial has been alive 24 hours a day. My adjustment for the EWEs is
close to 950 ohms. Yours probably are too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR