Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-23

My fault - I was testing out the  Elad FDM-S2 - SDR...

and I knew that doing anything different in my SHACK would cause
shock-waves, HUGE SHOCK-WAVES in the world of radio listening....

The moment I awoke -- around 1200 UTC, my phone blinked that there was
a geo-physical issue... apparently things just before this were JUST FINE.

Anyway - the sum total of my report is:

Epic signals from ABC on 612 and Radio New Zealand on 756 around 1335 UTC.

Out of frustration with the conditions and the amount of TVI on the band,
I have "flipped" my N/NE Flag for a S/SW bearing to go chasing the DU's,
ZEDS and Aussies...
because there are WAY more of them than there are TA's.

Of course, now that I have done this, the band will turn around and yield
night after night of TA's!

Darn you Murphy!

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM, <d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As others have reported Asian propagation took a nosedive around 1200 UTC,
> with this location suffering the worst effects. In comparison to yesterday
> the TP's practically took a day off, with only the NHK big guns on 594, 693
> and 774 showing up at weak levels around 1400. 738-Tahiti also managed a
> weak signal around the same time, but overall the session was very
> forgettable, and a real clunker in comparison to yesterday.
>
> 73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
> 7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
> 15" FSL antenna
>
> --
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -
VA7WWV | Twitter @CoffeeCrew | Victoria - Canada