Re: [IRCA] TPs this morning/graveyarders

Re: [IRCA] TPs this morning/graveyarders

Re: [IRCA] TPs this morning/graveyarders

>>I was just wondering...if graveyarders are worse on the EC than on the
WC. ie population / station densities.

>Doug,
>
>I can tell you, having lived on the east coast and on the west coast,
there ain't much difference.

>Kevin

I spent time in the SF bay area (Danville I-680) with a RS DX-390
and was hearing GYs from hundreds of miles away, I specifically
recall KPRK 1340 in MT with a clear ID, was hearing into OR and
WA. They would fade up through the clutter at times. However this
was 10 years ago now. All between 2300-0030 or so localtime.

Nothing this far away was even believeable to me, from my home
QTH of LI NY, even though there is a roughly 180 deg radius
of open water (less potential QRM) in each of those areas. At
that time, getting anything that far away was nearly impossible,
in NY, and this was also 10 years ago.

I have always believed that WC GY reception is much easier
than it is fom the NE USA, due to station geographical density.

- Bob                                  1212 est