Re: [IRCA] TPs this morning/graveyarders

Re: [IRCA] TPs this morning/graveyarders

 Doug Pifer wrote:

 I suppose the minimum station separation would be the same, or at least should be, across the nation.
This is theoretically true but in reality they are crammed in more tightly in the East because the population concentration is more dense. I mean if there aren't any cities, there won't be any stations. Where can you be in the East where a co-channel GY station isn't 70 miles away? For kicks, I added the distances of the nearest stations on the six GY frequencies, averaged them (ballpark) and came up with about 25 miles. The furthest is about 40 miles. Try that in Ely, NV.

In SF:
1230 - KWG Stockton poor; nowhere at night
1240 - Sacramento fair days but nowhere nights; never did hear KNRY (but hear it all the time here!)
1340 - Oroville and Watsonville both poor; nothing from them at nite
1400 - KVTO Berkeley local
1450 - KEST SF local
1490 - Petaluma, but never did hear KRKC King City

Here in Tacoma, they're all local or semi-local with KWYZ being the furthest. All are loopable but they do eat up the direction toward them and its reciprocal. The Bay Area has a larger population but is a better GY venue. Interesting.

I am sure Don Kaskey has milked the SF frequencies a little more voraciously than I did and will refute everything I have written, but phooey on him...

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop