[IRCA] Audio clips

Interesting discussion regarding audio clips.

I totally enjoy listening to audio clips of DX, especially older stuff.

Back in the 1960's, I used reel-to-reel gear to make recordings.  Everything
wound up on several 7 inch tapes in 4 track mono.  A few years ago, I
painstakingly digitized all that audio into approximately 700 or so separate
digital wav files.  Since I have history in my computer log database, I have
tied all those audio files to their respective logging in my database.  In
my logging program, I can play  any clip by simply clicking the computer log
entry thus initiating playback by Total Recorder.

A few of my sound clips have been transferred to my website, though, I
usually reduce the audio quality of the versions going to the web so they
won't take so long to load and play.

Alot of my recordings aren't great DX, though, alot of them are recordings
of TAs, South Americans and the like.

Now, everytime I log a station, I make a digital recording as a keepsake.

73,
Jim Nall
Louisville, KY
http://www.n4fxc.com