[IRCA] DX Update From Northern Delaware

DX update from northern Delaware:

One re-log, one tentative (looking for help – WCLG?) and 6 new ones
(Alberta makes it to Delaware!!). Gerry Thomas’ Quantum Phaser proved
invaluable this past weekend.

28-Oct-05 || 0852 local || 1620 khz. || WHLY || 10 kw || South Bend, IN ||
Promo for ‘Big Band Jump’ programming “…this Saturday beginning at 2 on
1620 AM WHLY”. || A re-log. Excellent signal for so late in the morning. A
566 mile catch.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1620-khz_0852-Local_10-28-05_WHLY_South-Bend_IN.mp3

28-Oct-05 || 1650 local || 1140 khz. || WCJW || 2.5 kw || Warsaw, NY || End
of C&W song by Tracy Lawrence ('Used To The Pain') then male “Tracy
Lawrence, 1140 CJ Country”. Promo for NASCAR Today, then weather report.
Then “Here’s Miss Martina McBride and - 1140 CJ Country - In My Daughter's
Eye’s”. Into said song. || New. Strong signal. A 243 mile catch with WRVA
mostly phase nulled.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1140-khz_1650-Local_10-28-05_WCJW_Warsaw_NY.mp3

29-Oct-05 || 0102 local || 1150 khz. || WLOC || 1 kw day, 0.06 kw night ||
Munfordville, KY || End of C&W song then sung station ID which was
unintelligible to me but the WLOC call at the end of the ID was obvious.
Then into promo for the South Central Rural Telephone Cooperative (Glascow,
KY address according to their website). || New. A 579 mile catch with local
WDEL phase nulled. I suspect that someone forgot to flip the low power
switch.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1150-khz_0102_11-29-05_WLOC_Munfordville_KY.mp3

30-Oct-05 || 0057 local || 1140 khz. || CHRB || 46 kw night || High River,
AB || End of C&W song then male “On your radio, in your community, serving
southern Alberta, AM 1140”. Into music. || New. A 1980 mile catch with WRVA
mostly phase nulled. I'm very pleased with this one!!

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1140-khz_0057-Local_10-30-05_CHRB_High-River_Alberta.mp3

and 37 minutes later…

30-Oct-05 || 0134 local || 1140 khz. || CHRB || 46 kw night || High River,
AB || End of gospel-like music then into promo by male “It’s small business
month on AM 1140. Small business provides essential products and
services…community. In fact, small business is big business in the
Foothills. AM 1140 salutes these businesses”. Into female “Remember ‘Big S’
Automotive is your one stop shop for agricultural, industrial and
automotive supplies, located in the big blue building right on the Number 1
Highway in Strathmore. The High River District Healthcare Foundation
working together with our community to enhance healthcare in the High River
and ?? area”. Back to male “Small business month on southern Alberta's
community radio station, AM 1140”. Into C&W music.|| Strong signal.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1140-khz_0134-Local_10-30-05_CHRB_High-River_Alberta.mp3

30-Oct-05 || 0159 local || 1160 khz. || WYLL || 50 kw || Chicago, IL || Ad
for Elite Exterior Restoration then into ID “WYLL, Chicago”. || New. A 656
mile catch. I’m surprised that I haven’t heard this one before.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1160-khz_0159-Local_10-30-05_WYLL_Chicago_IL.mp3

30-Oct-05 || 1720 local || 1280 khz. || WHTK || 5 kw || Rochester, NY ||
Male “Talk sports in the Brick House with JT The Brick, weeknights 10 ‘til
2 on Rochester’s sports station, hot talk 1280 WHTK.” || New over/under
presumed WADO. A 253 mile catch.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1280-khz_1720-Local_10-30-05_WHTK_Rochester_NY.mp3

30-Oct-05 || 1816 local || 1300 khz. || WCLG (tentative) || 2.5 kw ||
Morgantown, WV || End of James Brown’s ‘I Feel Good’ then male giving liner
“If it's oldies, it’s us. Good time rock ‘n’ roll on Oldies 13AM”. Into
Elton John’s ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’ || A Radio-Locator
(www.radio-locator.com) search yields six oldies stations (all US) on 1300
khz. One is in Nebraska and one is in Nevada, so I think I can eliminate
those. Of the remaining four, three are served up with associated slogans.
The slogan associated with WCLG (‘Good Time Oldies 13AM’) seems to be the
best match to the “Good time rock ‘n’ roll on Oldies 13AM” that I heard.
I’d appreciate some help on this one. Perhaps someone can check
100000watts.com for me. New if ID is correct. A 229 mile catch with
presumed WJFK phase nulled.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1300-khz_1816-Local_10-30-05_WCLG_Morgantown_WV.mp3

30-Oct-05 || 1859 local || 1300 khz. || WNQM || 50 kw || Nashville, TN ||
End of eHarmony.com ad then male giving liner “When you need inspiration,
we’ll be there. On the air since 1947. You’re listening to AM 1300, WNQM,
Nashville”. || New. A 658 mile catch with presumed WJFK phase nulled.

MP3 clip available here:

http://21centimeter.com/21centimeter/Recordings/1300-khz_1859-Local_10-30-05_WNQM_Nashville_TN.mp3

Peter Jernakoff
K3KMS