Re: [IRCA] TA and TP DX Techniques

Hi Doug

Yes, the same 9 kHz spacing, (the freq is divisible by 9).

The tuning method you describe is fine. Just about all European
stations use standard double sideband AM, so you can choose either
LSB or USB, whichever gives you the best chance dependant on your
local interference.

There's an excellent online reference guide for European LW and MW
stations compiled by Herman Boel  http://www.emwg.info

As for when, well from about 30 mins before your sunset through to an
hour maybe after European sunrise (which of course is a fairly wide
window of opportunity). Get a greyline map and see how sunrise
appears across Europe at different time of year.

European stations don't have the critical hours, nighttime etc
directivity/power changes like USA stations. Some are 24 hours, some
aren't. The EMWG shows you the usual schedule for them.

Mark