Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not "Wall Street"

Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not "Wall Street"

Point well made, Paul.

Although it would be just like you rich people to rush out and buy expensive IBOC ready radios -- oops, HD radios -- just to flaunt the glorious sounds which we commoners are denied.  You've probably got an HD TV too, and get to spend the day looking for something worth seeing twice as big and pimple pulsing clear.  Well...maybe not you...

But please, God, let us not make all radio PBS.  The last entity on Earth that knows what is best is government and those who worship it.

Capitalism is not the culprit.  It is a self correcting concept.  Though letting the people express themselves may be somewhat slower than having a benevolent overseer demand the solutions best for everyone, as has been suggested, consumer demand is the fuel of all things commercial.

Indeed, write your sworn representatives.  Entreat such of family, friends, neighbors, total strangers met in places which we can not discuss.

But in the long run, IBOC is already dead, its head, called cash flow, removed prematurely by the mindless horde of ill kept consumers, unappreciative -- indeed, unaware -- of the doubtless though not apparent advantages.  It will just take a while for the hissing viper of a radio like thing to know of its own demise, but soon enough it will succumb.

So, let the too many IBOC posts, posts, begin.  Though I hope not.  Don't attack the messenger, read the message.

I'm a new member of IRCA and therefore this is not a rehash of long ago resolved issues, as some have suggested.  Not to me.  I just started DXing and would like to see it last for a while, at least.

I have pictures -- the words that have shattered many a joyous affair -- showing the mess pumped from the sewer of the local 740 WSBR IBOC engine.  Spectral scans of huge signals, not ON channel.  Start putting them side by side and there is nothing left.  Check it out: http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/radio/WSBRwithIBOC.jpg

And besides, activism is an American thing, except possibly for those too tired to care, who forget how they came to be so comfortable.

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida