Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not "Wall Street"

Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not "Wall Street"

Hi Eric -

  That's right, do not write your congressman or FCC for fear of alienating radio stations. Obvious misdirection. Years ago NY PD fathead police chiefs gave women same advice. When accosted, lie back, enjoy. Never, ever upset the perps. What's a few dead  women?

   Upon sensing trouble from kleptocratic biz-suits, thugs, market cheaters, you immediately hit back. You hit and write and educate and don't stop until the thugs give up.

  Perps don't want challenges. That's why a poster falsely, maliciously, and actionably described me as protesting 'drains'. First, to discredit. More importantly, to keep others from exercising their rights.

After googling me, this person stupidly falsely claimed I protested 'drains'. Good. Open window? I'll drive a truck through it. Here's the true story: We 'rich people' were told we 'needed' sewers. Fine. Problem? Cost. Seventy five thousand dollars to connect and five hundred monthly; about seventy-two thousand more than anyone else. Why? Because a political thug colluded with others in hope of reaping a windfall. At our expense. How dare we oppose him.

  We wrote. We attended meetings. Local rag scolded we 'rich people who could write seventy-five grand out of petty cash, how dare we not go along'. We asked questions they couldn't answer honestly. We made statements they could not refute.

Sound familiar? Sound like 'you have no right listening to out of contour stations'? Why does Radio Shack sell FM yagis? Should La Cosa IBOC smear Radio Shack?

  Outcome? Old pol, with a long history of badgering female board members, gave up. I politely declined numerous invitations to run for the board of the utility. Neighbors became friends, we earned community respect.

  They figured since we're stupid enough to be 'rich people' - Perhaps some are - we're also stupid enough to surrender our wealth and freedom just because a cheap bunch of greaszy two-bit liars demand we do so, and imply we're at odds with our government if we don't.

  They were mistaken. La Cosa IBOC values radio moreso than any DX'er. They know its worth. Our influence counts. La Cosa IBOC, as with others wishing to stifle inquiry, dreads our use of it.

                                                              =Z.=
Paul Vincent Zecchino
Manasenility Key, FL
BT