Re: [IRCA] 1240 KLOA Ridgecrest

Doug,

I am just getting used to DXing in "new" surroundings, so I haven't gotten used to everything here yet.  KLOA/1240 wouldn't carry that far at night, though they may make it there in the daytime if they're lucky.  BUT their website is totally slanted towards covering the Antelope Valley and High Desert areas, so if the AM simulcasts the FM...yes it is very possible.

No idea on #2 at this time.

Mike Hawkins

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All, This morning I caught what I think might be a tentative ID and partial location for KLOA.  At 0300pdt, I heard what sounded like "1240 KLOA .....-......  Palmdale".  Do they ID like this?  Palmdales' not that close, but it is considered in the same valley so to speak.   Also,  heard an ID that doesn't seem to jibe with anything a split second before the KLOA one. Sounded like "KLQI or KOQI or KIQI"-obviously not the last one, hi.  Ideas, comments.
73- Doug

Yahoo! for Good