Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not Wall Street

Re: [IRCA] Radio Needs to Serve Listeners...Not Wall Street

Then the info I was told is not correct. What is so darn exciting about
> IBOC then?
>
> Patrick

Nothing except that people will think because it's "Digital!!!" it sounds
better, it's an advertising talking point, that's all. People don't realize
things sound better because all the technology has gotten better, analog
sounds great today too. I have bought brand new records that sound better
than CD's, people don't buy them for many reasons and expense is right up
there (they are expensive only because they are not mass produced anymore),
but also they have been sold a bill of goods about how bad they sound,
nothing could be further from the truth. Am radio could sound great if the
receivers were up to it, most or all receiver's AM section's are terrible. I
have a late 70's Marantz receiver that was top on the line back then, 240
WRMS per channel both channels driven @ 4 ohms continuous. I paid $1000.00
for it last year, everything on it is great except for the AM section which
is junk. If a receiver like that has a lousy AM section how about the
cheaper receivers and radios out there? People blame AM radio itself for the
lousy sound and all the time it's been the receivers. Wideband AM receivers
which sound just as good as FM have been very scarce since the early to mid
60's.

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma
Hammarlund HQ-180C 4' loop/ 400' LW